You would never tell that this creamy, delicious soup is dairy-free. It is perfect for a light, warm, winter dinner.
1 cup cashews1/2 onion, diced2 cloves of garlic, dicedEVOO, S&P to taste2 large tomatoes, diced2 cups homemade tomato pastebasil leaves (optional)
- Soak the cashews overnight or 6 hrs at least.
- Saute the onion & garlic on medium heat
- Add the tomatoes and tomato paste with some water and bring to a boil for about 10 minutes—season with salt and pepper.
- In a mixer blend well the cashews with their soaking water till smooth.
- Add the tomato mixture in the blender together with some basil leaves - if using any. Blend everything well.
- Return to the pot and bring to a boil for 5 mins.
- Serve warm