This is a breakfast dish I had some years ago in Buvette, NYC. I was blown away. Managed to recreate it at home and it has become a breakfast staple ever since.
Makes 4 waffles
FOR THE WAFFLES
2cups AP flour 2tbsp butter, melted 2 eggs 1cup buttermilk 1tsp baking soda 1tsp sugar 1 pinch of sea salt
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl and add the buttermilk. Stir to combine.
- Add the butter, sugar, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- If using it right away, let it rest or at least 30 mins. You can store it covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Prepare the waffles in a waffle iron.
- Prepare the bacon and egg.
- Make a sandwich with the bacon and egg and pour over maple syrup.
You can see all my favourite kitchen tools in my Amazon storefront