The first time I had a similar dish, was in a Thai restaurant in Hong Kong. I was blown away by the mix of flavors and wanted to recreate it at home.
4 fish fillets- any kind will do
1 kg cherry tomatoes
4 cloves of garlic
1 jalapeno cut in rounds with seeds
1 chilli pepper cut in rounds with seeds
2 tsp ginger- grated
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp caraway seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp coconut sugar
2 tsp harissa
- Wash and pat dry the fish fillets. Set aside.
- Saute the garlic, peppers and ginger.
- Adds the dried herbs, sugar and harissa. Mix well.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and mix well till the tomatoes have softened.
- Add some water, turn to low heat and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the fish fillets and add some salt- be careful on the salt, always taste first. Let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and turn off the heat.
- Serve with quinoa, extra lemon wedges and fresh cilantro.
You can see all my favourite kitchen tools in my Amazon storefront