Is there anyone who doesn't love pasta? This rich, meaty ragu is the ultimate comfort food.
3 celery stalk 3 carrots 250g pancetta 1kg beef mince 3tbsp homemade tomato paste Extra virgin olive oil 1 glass of white wine 1 – 2 glasses of water Salt and pepper Fresh or dried oregano
- Prepare the soffrito: in a food processor blend well the pancetta, onion, celery and carrots.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat
- Add the EVOO
- Saute the soffrito for about 10 minutes
- Add the beef mince breaking down the chunks of meat using a wooden spoon as you cook it.
- Add salt, oregano and a glass of white wine.
- Leave the sauce to simmer for 5 minutes till the alcohol has evaporated.
Add the homemade tomato paste
- Add water, cover and let it cook in low heat for 30 minutes.
- The sauce should not be dry, so if there is not enough moisture in the pan, add some more water.
- This makes a lot of sauce. You can store what is left in the freezer up to 1 month.
- Prepare the tagliatelle as per instructions
- While the pasta is cooking, add a generous amount of the Bolognese sauce in a large frypan, over low heat.
- Add some pasta water in the pan and stir well.
- Add the strained tagliatelle in the pan and mix through.
- Serve with a generous amount of freshly grated parmesan or pecorino.
You can see all my favourite kitchen tools in my Amazon storefront