1 kg minced beef1 leek thinly sliced2 cloves of garlic diced1 carrot grated1 tbsp homemade tomato pasteEVOOS&P6 medium potatoes4 tbsp butterHeavy cream (as needed)ToppingPankoFreshly grated parmesan
For the puree
- Wash the potatoes. Boil with skin in salted water till soft
- Once ready, let cool for 10 minutes and peel them off.
- Get them through a ricer and while still hot, stir in the butter.
- Stir continuously till the butter has completed melted. Add S&P to taste and add the heavy cream.
- If the puree is too thick, thin it out with some hot water.
For the meat
- Saute the leeks with the olive oil over medium heat, till translucent. Add the garlic.
- Add the minced meat and constantly toss to break the lumps down.
- Add the grated carrot, some water, S&P , cover and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook a little more till the water is reduced.
- Set aside.
Assembling the pie
- Preheat the oven at 200C
- Spread out the meat in a large cast-iron skillet. Put the potato puree on top.
- Sprinkle with some panko and freshly grated parmesan and bake for about 30 minutes till golden brown.
- Let it cool completely before serving.
You can see all my favourite kitchen tools in my Amazon storefront