INGREDIENTS 1 kg traditional sausage, chopped1 large onion, finely chopped2 carrots, chopped2 garlic cloves, finely chopped3-4 sage leaves1 tbsp rosemary4 tbsp homemade tomato paste4 cups white beans, thoroughly cooked1 cup almonds or cashews soaked overnight1/2 kg fresh spinachEVOOS&P to tasteExtra grated parmesan as topping
- In a large pot, heat oil and saute the sausage. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, saute the onion till translucent. Add carrots and garlic.
- Add sage, rosemary salt and pepper to taste.
- Add tomato paste, some water and reserved sausage and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- In a blender, mix till smooth the almonds and 1 cup of white beans with some water. Pour over the pot and continue to cook until all flavours have melded.
- Add the spinach and simmer for no more than 5 minutes.
- Serve with the grated parmesan.
Watch the video on IGTV here
You can find all my favourite kitchen tools in my Amazon storefront.