There are more pesto recipes that I could possibly count. This is the way that I am making it. Plain and super simple. I don't add any cheese as I prefer adding it with the pasta.
3 bunches basil leaves
3 garlic cloves - or more if you want it more garlicky
1tsp sea salt
3/4 cup EVOO
1 pack linguine or any long pasta
- In a food processor, add everything together and blend well.
- If not use it right away, store in a glass jar with some extra olive oil on top and store in the fridge for about 1 month
- Prepare the pasta, till al dente.
- I a large bowl, place 3 tbsp ps pesto and some butter.
- Add pasta water and the pasta and toss everything well. Add more pasta water if needed.
- Add cheese- parmesan or pecorino- and toss vigorously.
- Season with fresh pepper and some more salt if needed.
You can see all my favourite kitchen tools in my Amazon storefront