The ultimate chocolate chip cookie. The dough works best if you freeze the cookies for 3 hrs minimum to 36 hrs maximum before baking.
340gr bittersweet chocolate
285gr AP flour
1tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
225gr butter at room temperature
4tsp carob syrup or any other dark molasses
1tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven at 180 C and prepare the baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Chop the chocolate and put in the freezer till needed.
- In a bowl, mix flour, oats, baking powder and baking soda and set aside.
- In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed.
- Slowly add the sugar and continue beating.
- Add the carob syrup.
- Add the eggs one at a time and continue beating.
- Beat in the vanilla, milk and salt.
- Stop the mixer and scrape the bottom. Continue beating on medium speed.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Stop the mixer, scrape the bottom and sides and add the chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Using an ice cream scoop, form small cookie balls on the prepared baking sheets.
- You can bake right away, but you will get the best result if you freeze the cookies for 3 hrs minimum to 36 hrs maximum.
- Bake for 10-12 mins until the cookies are lightly browned, but the centre remains pale.
- Let cool completely.
You can see all my favourite kitchen tools in my Amazon storefront