4 small celery roots or 2 large1 leek thinly sliced2 cloves of garlic diced1 cup homemade bone broth2 cups of water1 tbsp miso1 cup of canned coconut milkS&PLemon juice (optional)EVOO
- Wash, clean and peel the celery roots. Cut in quarts like potatoes.
- Saute the leeks over medium heat for 3 minutes
- Add the garlic cloves.
- Add the celery roots and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the bone broth and water, cover pot and let it simmer till the roots are tender.
- With a hand mixer or in a blender, blend everything till homogenous.
- Return to pot and add the miso. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the canned coconut milk and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat. Serve with freshly cracked black pepper and lemon juice.
You can see all my favourite kitchen tools in my Amazon storefront